Sunday, June 19, 2011

Personal Hygiene

Armpit Hair

It is not hard to notice a bush of hair sneaking out from under a short sleeve shirt or a very nice dress. I still cannot get used to it. Most people at least I come in contact with, do not shave, I am talking about women of course.
When I decided to shave my legs in the bathroom, there ended up being 4 girls watching wondering what I am doing and why. I have never had such an audience examining my shaved legs.


Using Deodorant

Yea, I do not think many people use deodorant, but they also do not sweat as much either. At first I thought that even their sweat did not smell, but I was proven wrong during a picnic and this sitting next to me was smelling a lot :)

Taking a Shower

Granted, shower here is different. My bathroom comes equipped with a sink, some holes meant to be used as toilets, and a shower-head right by the sink, there is really no shower designated space. Still, there is hot water, it's just awkward standing naked in the middle of the bathroom.
Sophie, a girl that lives with me showers, I think, but not very often, I rarely see her in the bathroom for this purpose. I cannot estimate how many times a week she showers, but it is less than ever other day.

Clothes

The female teachers here have a few outfits, like a shirt and pants, nothing fancy. They wear the same outfit may days in a row. The girls wear the same clothes sometimes a week in a row. They alternate between 2 or 3 outfits.   The male teacher has been here for a two weeks now, and I have only seen him wearing one shirt for this whole time. Alice, my co-worker pointed out that I like to make myself look different everyday, meaning I wear something different each day which is not common at least where I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment